China’s Free Trade Zones (FTZ)
What is a Free Trade Zone?
FTZs had three targeted functions: export processing, foreign trade, and logistics and bonded warehousing. The first state-level FTZ, Shanghai Waigaoqiao FTZ, was set up in 1990. These FTZs may be viewed as enclaves within China. Although they are physically inside China’s border, they function outside China’s customs regulations. Companies in FTZs are eligible for tax refunds on exports, import duty exemption, and concessionary value- added tax. Currently, there are 15 FTZs in 13 coastal cities. Source: World bank FTZ study.
What’s the difference with Shanghai Pilot Free Trade Zone (SPFTZ)?
The Zone introduces a number of reforms designed to create a preferential environment for foreign investment. In September 2013 the State Council of China published a list of 18 service industries to receive more relaxed policies in the zone, including medical services, value-added telecommunications, ocean freight & international ship management and particularly banking. The Zone cancels out a number of financial requirements for setting up a company in China, including the minimum registration capital. Moreover, under the FTZ's new capital registration system, foreign investors are no longer required to contribute 15-percent capital within three months and full capital within two years of the establishment of a foreign invested enterprise. In addition to these financial reforms, the SPFTZ also introduces a simplified procedure for foreign investors to establish a company in China. The “one-stop application processing platform” unique to the Zone.
Select the China’s Free Trade Zones and set-up your Company in the zone of your choice
JGB Systems & Services has acquired knowledge and experience in China’s Free Trade Zones especially in Shanghai Pilot Free Trade Zone and is featured as influential writer in Business Media’s e.g Shanghai Business Review and speaker at opinion forming events such as Mobile Asia Expo and Chainalive' 2014. For more information and guidance on setting up your company in a China’s Free Trade Zone contact us.
Our Business Consulting Services
JGB Systems & Services focused Strategy operates at the cross section of business requirements and the delivery of high performance centered technology.
High performance centered technology is enabling and leading transformation in every aspect of the organization.
High performance centered strategy will take advantage of available opportunities. Whether the organisation’s strategy is focused towards business, technologies or operations, we drive value, shape new businesses and design operating models for the future. That’s high centered performance, being energised to meet your sole strategical purpose.
- Establishing your strategic market entry in the APAC region, particularly in China using China Free Trade Zones e.g. Shanghai Pilot Free Trade Zone or other established China’s Special Economic Zones that fits your strategy.
- Helping you to defining whether or not the Programme to be undertaken make business sense and provide the adequate return on investment that your Stakeholders expect.
Our Technology Consulting Services
At JGB Systems & Services whether you are an existing client or are interested in our Telecom Consulting Services as a stand alone, we will provide a straight forward, unbiased review of your business requirements.
We work with Companies to:
- Enable their Sales organisations to more effectively develop Customer focused solutions, which strategically manage and grow their most important Clients relationships across the Organisation.
- Provide the opportunity to deliver a modern, stable, supportable, consistent, uniformed communication and collaboration platform throughout the Organisation thus improving its ability to interact with customers and provide its employees with optimum tools to carry out their job effectively.
- Deliver the following benefits across the Organisation:
- Ability to measure Performance metrics
- Higher level of interoperability across all forms of communication with the Customers
At JGB Systems & Services, we know there are no single solution sets across all industries. For this reason, we customise our solutions to your needs from our deep understanding of the challenges, trends, competitive dynamics and regulatory environment specific to your company and the APAC region.
JGB Systems & Services provides companies with the processes, tools, skill-building and technology necessary to build world-class business presence from the China’s Free Trade Zones (e.g. Shanghai Pilot Free Trade Zone) and beyond strategically placed offices within China and the APAC Region.
We specialize in the following industries:
- Financial Services
- Value Added Telecom Services
- Business Editorials
- Business Events
- Professional Opinion